Thursday, August 30, 2012

Transition Space


I am in a transition period. In less than thirty days my life will be dramatically different. Next Wednesday my school district will be going to school with out me. I will be working up until my departure to the University. I love my limbo period when my mind is occupied but when my mind has time to wonder it cam be very dangerous. I am a very pessimistic person by my nature. I told my friend a few days ago, "If you expect the worst out of something or someone you can never be disappointed." Which I guess in some instances that is okay but, on the other hand, then what would you have to look forward to in life.

This summer I have been questioning the reason that I am on this Earth. What do I have to offer? What can I do? The past 18 years I never questioned my purpose and I looked forward to the little things. That was because my life at that point was pre-planned out. I was going to be an A student, who volunteered, and what going to graduate from high school. But now I am to the point that it is my life and I am in control of my earthly self. The Lord has a plan, but I can choose to live his way or my way. So what are some small things that I am looking forward to in this next month.

  1. My birthday. I am going to be 19! It doesn't seem like my birthday yet though so I am not too excited. 
  2. The Mukilteo Festival! I love this weekend. The parade. The carnival. The food. The friends. The fireworks. 
  3. Fall Kick-Off. This will be the last time that I will be with the whole YG before I head off to school.
  4. The Golf Tournament. I love interacting with everyone. 
  5. I am kinda looking forward to moving in and getting to know everyone. Kinda...
-All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment