Monday, August 6, 2012

Heaven is a Place on Earth

Oh boy... where to begging. Crescent bar was amazing! Here are a few highlights:

  1. Brad flipped us off with in the first hour of the trip.
  2. We snuck into someones home in Chelan to sleep for a night.
  3. I rode on the jet skies with my two favorite guys, Jim and Brad.
  4. Mackenzie and I drove the Jet Skies while Brad and Jim bobbed in the river.
  5. I was hit on by several drunk men. Two were quite persistent and urged me to make them friendship bracelets in return of a chicken dinner.
  6. Kari's meal including 6 pies and a German Chocolate cake. 
  7. An inebriated man asked if my tits were real.
  8. I drove the RV.
  9. There were lots of Red Bull Italian Sodas.
  10. I met a ton of amazing kids.
  11. 2 men from our neighboring campsite who were celebrating a bachelor party were arrested at 3 am. 
  12. 24 people found Christ.
  13. 3 girls were baptized.
  14. Brad's interpretive dance.
  15. And what was possibly was the biggest highlight was multiple affirmations of people love for me. I do not mean that to sound conceited but I have been questioning my worth in the group for a while.
    • Jim asked me to ride a jet ski with him. Brad was going to take Mackenzie out. When I got on the Jet Ski I thanked Jim and he said in return, "You are my favorite kid that has come through this youth group."
    • Then on the last day, while we were loading the RV, Jim came out of his trailer with my Barbie fishing pole that we never got to use. I went over to retrieve it from him and he while he handed it to me he said, "I am sorry but let is take this as a sign of unfinished business. I don't ever want you to not come back. I will love you forever, no matter what you do!" Then, of course, I started crying and Brad came over. They both sandwiched me in a hug.
    • In the RV Brad took my hand and squeezed it and said, "You are one of a kind." Which, again, made me cry.
This trip was an incredible way to officially end my connection with the youth group as a student. For now on when I visit I will be an alumni or a leader. 

Here are a few pictures from the trip:

The following pictures are of our pie sampler. I cried because I was so happy...















Thanks Kari!


There is a picture that Mackenzie accidentally took of the volunteer firefighters working on the wasted woman.



Here are a few of the campers.
















The Baptisms





























The whole crew



I cannot wait for the next chapter of my life...
-All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment