Thursday, August 2, 2012

To Baby Rosie

For a baby shower that will be thrown for my sister-in-law, Charmaine, I must bring a book with a note in it instead of a card. I chose the story, The Giving Tree.


This is what I wrote inside...

Baby Rosie,
I love you so much! I cannot wait to see you grow up into a handsome young man just like the boy in the The Giving Tree. I hope that you know that you will have many "giving trees" in your own life. There are so many people in this world that love you so much. We will be there to play king of the forest and hide-and-go-seek. We will also be there to give you apples and our own branches. You can take our trunks to build boats to sail away. Just remember that we will always be here waiting for you to return when you need to sit and just rest. Just like the tree we will love you unconditionally and enjoy every moment we will have with you. You have the coolest parents around, Little Man. Remember to tell them how much you love them every once and awhile just like the little boy does in the book. I will also be a "giving tree" for you too. If you ever need shade to sit under, I am here also. You are going to move mountains, Little Man!
Love,
Auntie All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment