Saturday, August 4, 2012

This Little Light of Mine

"No one lights a lamp and hen hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where its light can be seen by all who enter the house."
Luke 11:33

I try to live my life by example. Helping others is a priority of mine. Honesty and humility are also very important to me but by no means am I a perfect individual. I never want to force my beliefs down my friends throats. Accepting the Lord must be a personal thing and you can only do it when you feel the Lord tugging at your own heart. So naturally the best way for me to show others my faith is through my actions. But, I am realizing that it is extremely important to introduce others to my faith verbally. I don't have to force anyone into believing what I do, but it is important to share what I believe to others and my friends. I don't ever want to push any of my friends away because they think I am a wacko, but I also have to remember that if they are my friends they will love me unconditionally, no  matter what I believe.

Next week I will be going with my work to the annual summer retreat at Crescent Bar. This is going to be a place where it will be very important to be very open about my faith. I will be in charge of the incoming freshman girls, a very rough group. I know that they will all have questions and I just need to pray and have faith the the Lord will give me answers for them.

Be a light and don't fear the doubter. Just show them the Lord's love and continually support them. You might feel alone but remember that you are never actually alone.

Peace and Love,
All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment