Friday, August 24, 2012

Read again in 8 to 10 years...



I found a quote on Pinterest last week that has stayed on my mind.

"Don't be a girl that need's a man,
Be a girl that a man needs."

I have no clue why this stood out to me so much. I think that I have always subconsciously wanted a traditional marriage with a woman who stays home with the kids  while the husband is the bread winner with a successful full-time job. But thinking about my life pertaining to this quote, I think it is fine to have that classic marriage but it is also acceptable for me to a strong part of the relationship. I want to be the backbone that holds the family together. That is a huge responsibility but that is also some what of a "full-time job". So I have written a letter to my future husband. The things in this letter will change as I mature and grow older but, as a 19 year old, this is what I have to say to my dream man...


Dear Future Husband,

Right now I am an 19 year old, sitting in her bed, 17 days before she moves into her college dorm room. I want you to know that I am praying for you. I am praying that the Lord is protecting you. I am praying that you are okay. I am praying that at the right moment the Lord will introduce us and a connection will form. Maybe I have already met you or maybe I will meet you in ten years but know that when I do meet you I have looked forward to that day for a long time. The Lord has a plan for our lives and I am so excited to see where he brings us.

I want you to know that I will love you no matter what. I know that times will not always be easy but we will have to push through them. I can be very difficult at times but I hope that you can forgive me and push past my moodiness. I hope that we can laugh at and with each other often. I pray that when I am down you can brighten my day with just a smile. I pray that you take risks and that you are adventurous. I will support you with all of your dreams. And I don't ever want to hold you back. I also pray that you trust in the Lord and that you are somewhat realistic within you thoughts and dreams. I pray that you pursue you passion and work towards achieving something everyday. I find it sexy when you defend and protect me. I feel comforted when I know that I can rely on you to have my back but also know that I am a strong woman who can kick an ass or two if it is necessary. I pray that you love me and our family. Family is so important to me and I pray that that is one thing that we instill into our children, "Family comes first." Thank you for accepting my heart. I am so thankful that you still love me even with no makeup while wearing sweats and eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's. 

You are wonderful and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with you!

Love your future wife, 
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment