Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friends

I leave back for college on Monday and I am filled with mixed feelings. I love my time in Muk-Town. I have friends who I feel comfortable to be 100% myself around. My family is close by and I can be at my church almost everyday. At school I haven't found my group yet and classes are hard, but I like meeting people in my classes and learning more about myself.

I guess I am feeling extremely nostalgic this evening. I think that these past 8 months I have been focusing on what I am loosing instead of what I have been gaining... I feel that I am loosing my connection with people at home when I am gone instead of realizing that I am maintaining those friendships and gaining new ones at school. This next quarter I am going to try to focus on the positives  that occur in my life and attempt to continue to be myself and give myself the benefit of the doubt. I am constantly too hard on myself. I focus on my faults and continually question my actions. This break has made me realize, after some self reflection, that I am a decent person if I have been able to make the connections with people here that I have. I need to continue to spread God's love, and with his direction I will discover my group and grow as a person.


Here's to creating new relationships,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment