Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Changes

I made the resolution, for this new year, that I would blog once a week in hopes of keeping my mind somewhat sound/sane while I am back at school. I have been sitting at my desk trying to think of a topic for today's blog, and nothing is coming to mind. NOTHING! This is the reason that I made blogging and journaling once a week a resolution, because I get so many thoughts jumbled in my mind that they can become hard to process. When blogger's block occurs I think that I will just start by talking about current events that will lead to deeper thought.

Today, my 89 year-old grandmother was moved into a "home". She has been battling Alzheimer's Disease for the past seven years and in 2012 her condition elevated to the level that my grandfather could no longer properly provide care for her and take time to care for himself as he battled prostate cancer. My grandfather and grandmother have been married for almost 65 years and their love is possibly the strongest love that I have seen between a couple. Their love is the way that it is because Christ is centered in their lives and relationship. Because of this strong love, my grandfather has struggled with the process of letting part of her go so she can live away from him. We keep reminding him that part of her isn't their anymore and that he needs todo what is best for both of them and that is giving up the care portion of her life to professionals. I pray that one day I will find love like their's. I also pray that I will never have to make my husband make that decision to let me go also. I will most likely become like my grandmother in my old age and I hope to let my future lover know that when I get to that state I will not resent him for moving me. Their are so many unexplainable things in this world, but we have to trust that their is a reason for it all.

Here is a monologue that I had to perform for my english class senior year about this disease.

Grace and Peace,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment