Sunday, September 9, 2012

The little things.

Today I was reminded that the little things in life are the ones that usually matter the most. A little kid hug, a smile, a question asked at the opportune moment these are all things that can turn my day around in an instant.

My day started this morning at 7 am. I quickly got ready and scurried out the door to run to a new church for the 8 am service. The service was magnificent. The Lord spoke to me in all aspects of worship; singing, prayer and through the message. My favorite part of the service was the congregation.  I was raised Presbyterian so there is no hang raising or singing to loud but at this new church there are no limits. The whole congregation's voices echoed off of the walls while hands were reading up to heaven. Everyone was so genuine with their love and worship. I was so inspired with the male population of the church! They were humble and so vocal about their love and it made me desire a man who had that kind of passion. 

From church service #1 I ventured to church service #2 at my home church. I listened to my best friend deliver the word of God to the elderly population of my home town. The Lord was present at the instance as well. I worked in-between services #2 and #3 recruiting golfers for our golf tournament fundraiser. I had many pleasant conversations and brief moment catch ups but, I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness/remorse that washed over me all at once. I realized that I only have one more Sunday service with all of these people before I leave for a year. That church population is my family and it breaks my heart knowing that I will not see them every week. As I tried to shake my mood I prayed a prayer of comfort. I knew that I kneaded to find a peace and a bit of hope that would let me know it is okay. Right after I prayed that prayer Jefferson Bethke posted this on Facebook, "Don't let anyone steal your joy today. If you got Jesus you got everything." After reading that there was a sense of calm that overwhelmed me. 

I was walking back from the office to the sanctuary for service #3 when I ran into my youth pastor's wife and 4 beautiful daughters. The two youngest ran up to me and gave me the tightest little kid hugs. Then the littlest one, Taylor, grabbed my hand with one of hers and walked with me into the sanctuary to find my seat. She stood in front of me and I wrapped my arms around her as we entered into worship. I prayed that the Lord would open my heart to receive his direction and that I would have no limitations as I worshiped. Then I sang, I sang with all of my heart and so did the whole congregation. I was AMAZED the whole congregation in unison were singing praises to our savior. I was overwhelmed in that moment. Tears came rom nowhere and I hugged Taylor with all of my might and she rested her head on my shoulder. 

After the service I continued to recruit golfers and a mom who's daughter is a part of our youth ministry sauntered over to me and asked me how I was heeling about school and aced for my address. She reassured me that everything would be okay and that she would be there for me at any moment. Then Taylor's sister Riley ran over to me and gave me a big hug and told me that she would miss me next year and then later in her father's office he said the same thing. Jesus showed me that I will not be alone next year and that there are plenty people who are back at home praying for me. 

I am so thankful that the Lord directed me to this church and allowed me to meet these people. I owe so much to MPC Student Ministries for supporting me over the past 7 years and I hope to spend a lifetime giving back. 

Here are some pictures of the precious Taylor(pink) and adorable Riley(white). 
 



This is the newest promo video that I created for MPC Student Ministries.

Loving the little things,
All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment