Friday, September 7, 2012

Festivities

This weekend is my favorite Mukilteo weekend. It is the great Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival! Parades, fudge carving, beer gardens, fireworks, and friends are just a few nuggets that bring me joy. Tonight is the beginning of the festivities down on the water front. There will be food and community gatherings.

Tomorrow is what I am pumped up for. I will break up bright and early for the parades. I will pass out water courtesy of Windermere. When I was but the wee age of 5 I would walk in the children's parades with my chocolate lab, Cocoa. Then the following day I would dress up as a clown with my parents company to pass out balloons. We now have transitioned out of the clown state and balloons to just passing chilled bottles of water. After the parade I will trudge down to the beach in hopes of meeting up with my friends. We will indulge in delicious delicacies and saunter up and down the beach a multitude of times. Then at the end of the evening we will all sit in a heap at the beach and watch the firework show.

It is the little things that bring my heart joy. I hope you are all doing will and I pray that any pain of discomfort, whether it is emotional or physical, will be relinquished/comforted by the Lord.

Talk to ya soon,
All-i Rose

Here is photo of us last year at the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment