Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I've been taking life too seriously...


This past summer has been filled with anxieties, "what ifs". Fears about school, the future, my career, financial situations and much more. I tumbled into a depression which caused me to return to seeing my psychologist. I wanted to find the big answers to life, like what is its purpose? Why am I here? What am I destined to do the rest of my life?

I leave for school in 5 days and in the last two days I have realized that I don't have to have all of the answers. I just need to live in the moment and experience EVERYTHING that I can while I am still at home, and them when I am at school I need to experience all that that has to offer too. I have always liked things planned out and structured, but during the past few days I believe that the Lord is just telling me to take a breath. I need to enjoy the last few moments I have with my best friends back at home that I will miss while I am away. I have to look positively to the future and feel excitement for what is about to come.

My grandpa sent me an adorable letter today. He could tell that I was a little apprehensive about next attending school in a few days and he gave me some very sound advice. Let me tell you first that I am someone who resents change and failure with my whole heart. It terrifies me to be put in a situation where there is a potential for failure. His letter basically said experience EVERY moment of school. Take risks and put myself out there for everything because I have nothing to lose. He is the kindest, wisest man I know and his advice resinated within my heart.

So I am encouraging you to go out and experience life one breath at a time. Go on a walk and admire all of the flowers. Tell the people who you love that you love them. Sing in the shower. Do what makes your heart jump!

Lots of Love,
All-i

No comments:

Post a Comment