Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 1

Today has been a very busy day with only 2 days of break left. I had to go to a weight watchers meeting and realized that I am only .6 LB's away from losing 40 pounds in total. I am at a weight now that I probably haven't seen since seventh grade:)
Then I went home to pick up my mother so that we could venture onward to see the movie The Blind Side. It was an amazing movie showing the true kindness that a person can show and it reminded me how I should strive to be.
After the movie was out I made a mad dash home to create a salad for a quick dinner so I could go babysit for a little extra money. the children were awesome and all I had to do was sit with them on the couch and watch the Harvard VS. Seattle U basketball game. Who knew that 3 and 7 year old were so in to college basketball? It was extremely adorable because when ever anyone made a basket the youngest boy would jump up and yell "SWOOSH!!!!!!". He had no clue what was happening in the game but he was excited that both the teams were making baskets.

But my Little Piece of Happiness for today was when I went to Safeway to by groceries. As I was walking out to my car to load my groceries in to my car, I noticed a father that looked worn and tired carrying twin girls, probably age 4, bundled in tattered clothing. He walked to a car two away from mine and waited patiently as a mother was buckling her small child in to his car seat. As she shut his door the worn man asked if he could use her cart because it was one that looked like a car. He explained that his girls would probably be the happiest children if they could take a ride in the toy car cart. The mother that was leaving said of course because she was finished with it. When the father placed his two girls in to the cart and their faces just lit up! They couldn't believe how lucky they were that they were able to ride in the car cart.

The simple smile of two children brought so much happiness to my heart because of their innocents and just how easy it is to make them happy. When I am around children I become so very envious! Their life is so happy and everything is mapped out for them. Most kids have no big stresses and life altering decisions. So now when I am around them I try to make their experiences as happy as possible because they will only have a childhood once.

No comments:

Post a Comment