Thursday, November 1, 2012

I just wanted to write...



Today I just wanted to write. My classes were cancelled and I had fabulous intentions of accomplishing things that were due in the future, but unfortunately that was not fully executed. I just got in a weird tired funk where it was hard to accomplish things. I was so tired that when I ordered a sandwich for lunch I couldn’t remember what an olive way called… I proceeded to explain to the sandwich artist that, “I [wanted] those little black thingies.” Yes, that is exactly what I said. It just slowly became one of those days. I wasn’t moody or upset but I wasn’t excited or overly happy. I was kind of numb.

I thought that calling someone from home would cheer me up or at least help me gain a little bit more energy so I called my best friend, Jim. He was surprised to hear from me and not to enthusiastic. I asked him about how their Halloween went and how life was and his response was not too enthusiastic. He then out of the blue asked me, “Alli is there a boy in your life?” Now, let me rewind.

I want there to be a boy, but nothing has happened yet. A few weeks ago in my English class I had to peer review this boys paper and he had to peer review mine. I was extremely intimidated by him because he is beautiful and extremely smart. He is also a few years older than me. I did not want to hear what he would have to say about my paper because I thought that there couldn’t be anything positive in it. But when I got it back I was pleasantly surprised. He had begun the paper with, “My dearest Alli” and then he elegantly wrote the changes that he recommended. He was quite kind and I really appreciated it. Then I met up with my church group the next week to walk to church and he was there. I didn’t say anything to him because I didn’t think he would remember me but he did! He purposefully made his way up to me and initiated a conversation with me. Then he sat behind me during the church service and as I left he sought me out to say goodbye. I probably read into it too much, but I was smitten.

Fast forward, so when I went home last weekend I briefly mentioned that story to my mother and thought nothing of it. Well, apparently word had gotten out at home. I guess my mother told my father briefly that I was talking to a boy and then my father proceeded to tell the whole town that I had been dating a boy for 2 weeks… WHAT THE DEUCE?? That caused my blood to boil and I became icy during my phone call with Jim. I quickly terminated my phone call with Jim and then called my mother to ask her what she told father. That phone call didn’t make me too happy either. And in the middle of that phone call Jim called me back to make sure I was okay. Anyway, moral of the story is that I have to be VERY cautious with who I share things with.

After that I went to an ethics panel, dinner and then I ran home to read some before my bible study. Right was I sat down there was a nock on my door. It was a girl on my floor who has been having some problems with her roommate and she needed someone to listen, and naturally I was there. I knew that that was what the Lord wanted me to do was just listen. After our conversation I ran to bible study, read my English, and then showered. Now I am here. Writing. I hope that tomorrow I get a little bit more pep in my step.

 More later,
Alli Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment