Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who do I want to be?

School is hard. I thought it would be tough, but I don't think I expected it to be this difficult. Let me justify why I think it is so hard. I have a little problem.... I hate not doing something perfectly the first time. I also compare myself to others far too much. I am frustrated with college because I cannot do everything perfect the first time. Last week I had to write 3 papers, take 2 exams that were 1/3 of my grade, and had a team speech. The papers were not up to grading par. I got a D on one of the exams where everyone else who I helped study got B's. And my speech was a little rocky because my group dropped the ball and I had to pick up the slack; which in return lowered my grade. And this week is no different. So after several tearful phone calls to me mother. Whoops! Apparently I am a pirate now. Anyway, it made me think about what really matters in life. Next year, will it really matter if I failed a test or got a B on a paper. No. The relationships that I make this year will though. The character that is built overtime. The lives I have impacted. So I am going to break down who I want to work on becoming.

Shay Carl once said, "It's not about finding out who you are, it's about creating who you are..."
And then today on Facebook Colette Butler, Shay's wife, posted this...

Who do I want to be?
  • I want to be friendly.
  • I want to be accepting.
  • I want to be open to new perspectives.
  • I want to be independent.
  • I want to help others.
  • I want to make people laugh.
  • I want to eventually be a mother.
  • I want to be educated.
  • I want to be positive.
  • I want people to know that I care. 
  • I want to live for God. 
  • I want to be loved.
This list will grow. And I hope I do too.
I am off to study so I can better myself.

That is all for now,
Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment