Friday, September 13, 2013

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?


Right now, probably nothing because chocolate sounds terrible to me. I would do anything for a large McDonald’s fries. Mmmmmh. Seriously. That sounds so delicious.

On another note, how are you? What have you been up to today? Oh, that sounds very nice. I’m good, thanks for asking! Right now, I am at work and I think that I have temporarily completed my tasks so I am taking a break to breathe and calm down. I am ready to be done with work for a bit. Going back to Bellingham sounds nicer to me thank being here at the moment. I miss my friends and my church family. I never though that I would ever say, “I miss Bellingham.” If I could, I would like to just sit in limbo for another month with no plans and just live at home. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works, and I will be moving back to the ham in 9 days.  Thankfully, I know what to expect and I don’t have nearly as much anxiety as I did last summer. That is partly because I am choosing to trust God with all of it and choose happiness.

Choosing happiness, it’s that easy. You choose what you want to feel. Yesterday, I wasn’t particularly feeling too jazzed about the day’s events, but right as I got out of bed I decided that no one was going to take my happiness. I deserve to have it. It is mine and I want to share it. There were definitely times where I had to remind myself of my decision. I had to shape my thoughts, but I have the power to do that.

I feel that there is a connection between choosing happiness and that you remind yourself that it’s yours and you have it and no one can take it away, just as no one can take your decision for Christ away. That probably sounds very stupid, but for me it makes sense. There have been so many times where people have taken everything from me, physically and emotionally, but the one thing that I could cling to and that I knew was mine was my relationship with Christ. I chose to follow Him and I choose to rely on Him. He is my rock and redeemer. He hears my cries and answers my prayers. He speaks to me in whispers and in silence. When I am lost and hurt I remind myself that I have a mighty savior who will protect me. He is the reason that I choose happiness. Because I have him, I have nothing to be sad/anxious/forlorn about.



Choose happiness. It’s that simple. It takes practice abut once your curve your thought paths it will all come together. Sorry this blog was all over the place. I chose to be very open with my thought path and honestly when starting this blog I had no clue what I was going to talk about. I think that is the secret to blogging, just write what ever comes up in your thought patterns. In the past I have tried to make my posts too groomed and today I was messy and I liked it. BAM!

Giggles,
post signature 
 What the what?! What does that even mean? K Thanks BYEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment