Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Little Pieces of Happiness are back!

I always get this urge to write. Sometimes, actually a lot of the time, I don't ever have anything to write about. Because of that fact I usually don't, but I think that I am going to change that. I created this blog 5 years ago and I titled it Little Pieces of Happiness for a reason. At that time I was battling depression and I attempted to focus on any little piece of happiness that I experienced to help me get through my days. I want to bring that back. I am going to be going through lots of changes again in a few weeks and to bring back the little pieces will help me keep my head up and see all of the things that God is doing around me. So without further adieu... here is a little piece of happiness from today.

This little man gives me little pieces of happiness all the time.
This morning my nephew Keegan was at my house. My mother was watching him while my sister-in-law was at work. I had wanted to sleep in this morning because I was thinking that I would not be called into work, but I couldn't because all I could hear was Keegan laughing. Eventually his laughter morphed into tears and I went out to the living room to see if I could resolve any heartbreak. Once out of bed I realized that the Keegster was just crying because he was resisting his nap. I patiently sat on the couch with my mother to see if we could wait out his tears, but eventually it became clear to us that he was not going to comply. I was still in a sleepy daze when my mother carried Keegan out to me on the couch. When I first saw him my eyes pricked with tears. They were not tears of sadness or remorse like they frequently are, they were tears of joy and gratitude. I felt so luck that the Lord blessed out family with this little man. When he first saw me his lips formed into the largest smile that I have ever seen. And more noticeably, his hair had been cut. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. He is a little boy. This little boy holds my heart and I was so thankful to start my morning with him in it.

Here is the little man's before and after pictures.


 Boom!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment