Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What is your purpose?


Now that I am in my twenties, I feel the pressure to find my life purpose and my career path. I always feel some surge of anxiety when people my age know exactly what they want to do and what they are going to major in. For the past 3 years, I have been praying continually that my God will place me where He sees fit for me to be and do his work. After much reflection and reading His word, I think that I have found my life's purpose. I think that this purpose should be every believer's life purpose.

While Christ was on this earth, He showed the world how much He loved us, His creation. He performed countless miracles, He was there for the sick and the poor, and ultimately He laid His life down for us, His unworthy creations. He gave His disciples a great commission in Matthew 28:18-20
"18 Jesus came and told his disciples, 'I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'" How do we do that? How do we make disciples of the nations? We do it through love. My purpose on this earth is to make disciples for Jesus by loving on every individual that I meet and helping them with what ever their needs are in that instance. Now, that is a very broad purpose but I can do it where ever Christ leads me. Whether that be in the work place or at home with my future children. Where ever I am I am going to run into the Chaos of the world and attempt to make a difference in this world.

The best way to give love is by creating lasting relationships. When I was younger I think that I made friendships for the wrong reasons. I made them so that I could feel like a decent human being who could properly function in society. Even though that is an understandable reason, I feel that now I am making relationships that are  not for my sake. I am making relationships for the sake of making them feel loved and cared for. In 1 Corinthians 13:13 Paul writes, "Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." Maybe through giving other's love, we can show them that they matter and that they have a Savior who is greater than any other being out there.

Now, when trying to share the gospel with others we have to make sure that we can be understood. I feel that the best way to be understood is by being silent. By that I mean we can share the gospel in a non abrasive way, just by our actions. Live joyfully and positively. It is so much easier and enjoyable to be around someone who is positive and pleasant. I guarantee that someone will notice your different actions and will eventually start asking questions. When someone does eventually start asking questions and why we are so joyful and loving we can calmly explain that it is because I have a savior who is great and mighty. If you feel that you aren't knowledgeable to share the gospel because you are new in your faith know that when Christ makes His home in your heart as you trust Him, "Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong." Ephesians 3:17

So if you are a believer, what is your purose? What is Christ calling you to do? If you don't know Jesus and think that I am nuts, as my why I believe what I believe. To everyone, try Jesus. What do you have to lose?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment