Tuesday, July 9, 2013

God's Hands

In a little less than a month, I will be heading with my coworkers and 100 students to Mazama Bible Camp near Winthrop, Washington to put on a summer camp. For the past two to three months I have been blanketing this trip in prayer. I am praying for the right kids to come and fill the camp, that all preparatory work will come together without a hitch, that I will have the right words for the kids and that God will direct me while leading my small group, and most of all, that God's hands will be working in all of it and that His will will be done. If just one student finds Jesus over the course of the week it will all be worth it.

To prepare my heart for the girls that I will be leading, I have been reading and talking to God. I have come to learn that I just need to be open to God's direction and be prepared to be honest with the girls. I want to be and know that I am an example to these girls and I want to live a life that it is worth something in their and His eyes. I found Jesus at one of these camps 8 years ago and it has only made my life more and more incredible.

This year, I am going to pour my whole heart into the trip and working for the kids. This year I don't want the trip to be for me at all. I want it to be for and about the kids 100%. If you are willing please pray for wisdom for me and patience, pray that my heart will be awakened to the Lord's direction and requests. Please also pray that God's hands will be in all of this. Pray that the kids will feel his touch and find salvation. 

Here are the students from last summer.

Humbled,


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment