Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weird.

I am weird in society's eyes.
I am okay with being 176 lbs.
I am not embarrassed by my skin complexion.
I am fine with acting like a grown woman sometimes, even though I am 19.
I strive to be the "perfect A student".
I am okay with having a few close friends.
I am an introvert.



The last two things that I listed have been sitting heavy on my heart. I have just finished my first quarter at my university and I have learned ALOT on the way. I especially learned a lot about myself.

Over the course of my childhood I have kept a few close friends and then help my distance with tons of acquaintances. I have had no problem with talking to people in structured atmospheres (i.e. work, school, church, etc.) but I am not good with furthering those friendships out side of those situations. And in the past I have been fine with that, I have lived by the people who I could turn to and I whole heartedly threw myself into what I was preoccupied with doing (school, church...). But, now at school I occasionally see myself as a loaner because all of my "close friends" are at home. This has caused me to be a bit more out going but also self reflect a lot. I have realize after hours of reflection that I might be weird in societies eyes but I am beautiful in my Lords. I am able to have connections and conversations with my acquaintances. And might I add I have a TON of acquaintances. My introvertedness makes it difficult for me to just go out and make friends but I have to remember to trust the Lord and only fear his judgement. For He is greater than all earthly things. Oh! And being an introvert isn't a bad thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQH2U-kmBdY

No comments:

Post a Comment