Monday, November 21, 2011

Broken Promises

I am forever telling myself, "Alli, you must blog at LEAST once a week to keep a log of what is happening in your life." I usually get 3 day in and then I completly quit and return 6-9 months later. I wish I had the will and the time to post more but to be frank I don't. So... tonight I am just going to talk to you and share what has been on my mind for the past few months.

This year has been CRAZY so far! I have applied to 6 colleges and have been accepted in to 3 (my 3 least favorite), I have presented my culminating project so I can graduate, My brother got married the day after my birthday, took care of a mechanical baby for a week, and so much more. Within all of the chaos it has been really hard for me to stay positive and kind. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to go and try new things. But I am also a very independent girl so I am having a hard time with my parents getting in my business with college decisions. I need to remember that they are just excited for me and they cannot wait to hear my decision.

I have also been having trouble keeping the Lord in my decision. I know that he has a plan for me and it is my obligation to peruse it. I pray all the time for his guidance for where he wants me to go. I feel overwhelmed sometimes but I then remind myself that the Lord will not give me more than I can handle. And I also need to take in to account, "When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other..." - Ecclesiastes 7:14. I need to appreciate every second of a good day because it is a blessing! And with the bad days I need to learn from them and thank God for them too.

Sorry this blog is all over the place and it has a buttload of grammatical errors. I was typing so fast what ever came to my mind.

Love you guys with stars on,
All-i Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment