Thursday, November 14, 2013

Projection


I got to spend time with one of my friends today before our class started and he said something that has been stuck in my head all day. He was telling me how he went off on his house mates the day before and how he felt bad. He was stressed about his Biology class and he was venting to them about his frustrations. In the middle of him explaining his story to me I simply stated, "You projected your frustrations on to them."

With that he looked me in the eye and said, "Yes! I projected and that is just what the devil wanted me to do. He wanted me to out my unwarranted frustrations on my fellow brothers in Christ." That was the statement that has been stuck in my head. I do that far too often. I let little things in life frustrate me and distract me from my true path in life. I fail to give other's grace and loose patience much too easily. I do all of those things because I am human and because there is a force around me that is pushing me so I will trip and fall of the righteous course. I fail to realize how much influence the devil has around my life. He constantly is pulling me away from living rightly in Christ. Luckily, I have someone WAY more powerful than him. That someone lives in my heart and He is my Heavenly Papa. He constantly pushes the devil out of my path and makes sure that I stay on his course. Thank God that the devil has no effect on me! Thank God that I do not have to fear him because my father is so much more powerful than him! Praise Jesus. So thank you to my friend who reminded me of my true path and thank you to him for reminding me that I do have other people who are pushing me away from the truth because it is such a great reminder that I have to focus on the righteous path!

Fearless,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment