Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A love bigger than my own.

I spent my weekend with this little man.
He is handsome, smart, innocent, daring, independent, and so much more. I miss him every week that I don't get to see him. I was so fearful that he wouldn't remember me when I went to see him because I have been gone to school for 2 months. Luckily, he did!

Of course he did. We have this unbreakable bond. I don't know how to describe it. It is a bond based purely on love. He could do anything and I will always support and love him. I would do anything for him. Anything. My heart breaks when his breaks and I laugh with joy when he laughs. This weekend the little man toddled over and hit his head on the wall and he cried. His cry was at a different frequency. It was so loud and persistent. Nothing could console him. It took a good 10 minutes of consistent cuddles.

The point of that story was to explain that when he had huge tears rolling down his chubby cheeks my heart was breaking and I felt helpless not knowing how to console him. After reflecting on this love, a love where you put someone else's needs above yours, I can't help but imagine all the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. His love for us is so much greater than this but it gives me a glimpse of his compassion. It also makes me reflect on the pain that he must have felt when he chose to sacrifice his own son to save the lives of his other children. That is a pain that I can't even conceptualize. I could never imagine that pain and that makes me even more thankful. I am thankful that I have a father who would break his own heart and sacrifice his one and only son to save a person like me who breaks his heart every day. Thank you God!

Humbled,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment